A WILD SNAPSHOT 13w16a APPEARS!
- Added horses, based on the work of John Olarte (DrZhark), of Mo’ Creatures fame
- Added hay bales
- Added leashes
- Added carpets
- The “Respiration” enchantment now also helps seeing underwater
New Minecraft Launcher in the works!
Dinnerbone and Grum have been hard at work creating a NEW Minecraft launcher, with some pretty sweet features! It will allow you to get the snapshot then return to 1.5.1, simply by starting the old launcher and playing as normal. That’s all there is to it!
Want to send feedback on the new launcher? Be sure to tweet @Dinnerbone, @Grum, or @jeb_ with your suggestions, or make a post right here!
The new Launcher links seem to be problematic. Once they are stable, I will be sure to share them!
Mojang Cribs! Why can’t every workplace be like this?
The second episode to the back to back Let’s Creep return. Enjoy!
Hold on to your pantaloons as we gather some otherworldly materials, snipe giant floating fireball shooting Ghasts and outsmart blocks that haven’t updated yet.
New MCX360 Title Update!
The list of awesome changes:
- Added ‘The End’, with new layout, and new Enderdragon behaviour.
- Added Climbable Vines.
- Added Fire Charge, Wooden Button, Item Frames, Spawn Eggs, Sandstone Stairs, Spruce Stairs, Birch Stairs, Nether Bricks, Spruce Planks, Birch Planks, Nether Brick Slab, Spruce Slab and Birch Slab.
- Added new music for The End and The Nether from C418
- Made empty buckets and signs stackable.
- Sheep now re-grow their wool after shearing by eating grass.
- New gravel texture.
- Can now smelt Netherrack into a Nether Brick in a Furnace.
- Blacksmith buildings in Villages now hold chests with loot of the same type as found in Strongholds.
- Crafting recipe change; Sign recipe gives three Signs.
- Crafting recipe change; Half Slab recipes give six Half Slabs.
- Crafting recipe change; Stone Button now requires one block of stone instead of two.
- Added smoother color transitions between biomes.
See the full list of changes here.
Stuff to look forward to in the next generation!
- Added new Super Hostile game mode, for a much more challenging Survival experience.
- Difficulty setting is now per-world and may never be changed once set.
- Added new graphics setting “Ultra Realistic” with new patent-pending experimental 4D-rendering.
- Added new chase-style 3D camera perspective.
- Added new realistic food/hunger system to animals.
- Overfeeding animals may have a negative effect on gameplay.
- Added a new “Horse” animal, with two different breeds to choose from.
- Each animal now has a gender and personality, introducing new farming mechanics.
- Added a new rare breed of chicken known as a “Diamond Chicken”.
- May lay diamonds or lapis instead of laying eggs.
- May also blow up from too much pressure. Handle with care.
- Added new friendly Pink Wither, which is the complete opposite of a wither.
- Shoots out Love, which heals the nearby land and causes things to grow faster.
- Known bug: Having both a Pink Wither and a Wither in your world at the same time may
- cause up to a 200% increase in framerate. Will be fixed for launch.
- All animals may be fed Golden Apples to unleash their hidden magical properties (see new Magic section).
- Chickens are now classified as a Monster and are no longer a friendly Animal.
- Chickens do not appreciate being looked at and may get upset.
- Attacking a lone chicken may summon additional chickens to its defense.
- Zombie Pigmen now spawn with battlesigns and no longer use swords.
- Fixed a bug causing Skeletons to miss their targets on occasion.
- Added new Redstone Bug monster (see Redstone section).
Another fix coming at yeh!
Totally fascinated by how much goes into the development process.
1.5.1 Snapshot Fixes!
A look at 1.5.1 - which contains a number of fixes and tweaks for 1.5:
- Ender Dragon can still grief stuff like cobblestone and chests even if the gamerule mobGriefing is set on false.
- White stitching on polygon edges / White lines or black dots between blocks
- Unable to combine enchanted books for a higher level enchant.
- Hopper doesn’t try to place items from other slots if unable from first.
- Fire doesn’t show on 8 layered snow and hopper
- Long scoreboard objective titles can be offset screen
- Breaking a Container with Items that is connected via a solid block with a Comparator does not update the Comparator
- Falling Block entities start visually falling from 1 block higher than they were placed
- Paintings popping out / cannot place new ones
- a few Minecraft Realms changes