THE 1.7 WORLD-CHANGING UPDATE IS LIVE!
- New world generation!
- Double the amount of biomes, with new trees/flowers/blocks.
- New “Amplified” world option.
- Less ocean, more awesome.
- New blocks:
- Two new types of wood.
- Stained glass! With both blocks and panes.
- Packed ice, red sand, podzol.
- Lots of new flowers, including double-tall versions of current plants.
- Portals can be bigger sizes!
- Added more type of fish.
- Redone the fishing mechanics. Can now catch junk and treasure too.
- Fishing rod enchantments!
- Put them in an item frame and hang them on your wall. They’re extra big!
- Lots of new colours for lots of blocks!
- Now with less lag!
- Achievement & Statistics overhaul:
- Now both world (or server) specific.
- In multiplayer, it’s announced to everybody when you get an achievement.
- You can move your mouse over this in the chat to see what it was!
- Some new achievements and statistic types were added.
- Zoomable achievements screen!
- Multiplayer enhancements:
- Servers can now put a 64×64 image called “server-icon.png” in their folder, that you will see on your server list.
- You can see who’s online before joining a server; move your mouse over the player count!
- Lots of hidden preparation for allowing name changes.
- Resource pack changes:
- You can now have multiple selected.
- They can completely re-do your sounds, adding new ones or changing current ones.
- Servers can now recommend a resource pack for you to use.
- Chat & command improvements:
- New commands to spawn mobs or blocks of any type.
- Command block minecart!
- Clickable links to achievements and items.
- Click on somebody’s name in the chat to message them!
- Technical work:
- Completely rewrote how the network (multiplayer) works.
- Completely rewrote the sound manager.
- New graphics options.
- Basic shader support testing.
HOW TO UPDATE:
Update files in the Minecraft launcher as normal
Server jar: Click here
On Windows: (right click > open with > java)
1.6 PRE-RELEASE ARRIVES
What new goodies can we expect from 1.6?
- Added Horses
- Added Donkeys, Mules
- Added Horse Armor
- Added Leads
- Added Carpets
- Added Hardened Clay, Stained Clay
- Added Block of Coal
- Added Name Tags (item)
- Added Hay Bales
- Texture packs are now “resource packs” that also can hold sound etc
- Food meter is now drained when healed by full food meter
- Removed Herobrine
- Added Grum
The full update of 1.6 will go live on July 1st, 2013. You can get the latest update in the Minecraft Launcher. If you haven’t gotten it yet, check below for the version that is right for your OS!
Windows: Click here
Mac/OSX: Click here
Linux/Other: Click here
Get involved in the bug-fixing process! Click here
A WILD SNAPSHOT 13w16a APPEARS!
- Added horses, based on the work of John Olarte (DrZhark), of Mo’ Creatures fame
- Added hay bales
- Added leashes
- Added carpets
- The “Respiration” enchantment now also helps seeing underwater
New Minecraft Launcher in the works!
Dinnerbone and Grum have been hard at work creating a NEW Minecraft launcher, with some pretty sweet features! It will allow you to get the snapshot then return to 1.5.1, simply by starting the old launcher and playing as normal. That’s all there is to it!
Want to send feedback on the new launcher? Be sure to tweet @Dinnerbone, @Grum, or @jeb_ with your suggestions, or make a post right here!
The new Launcher links seem to be problematic. Once they are stable, I will be sure to share them!
Mojang Cribs! Why can’t every workplace be like this?
The second episode to the back to back Let’s Creep return. Enjoy!
Hold on to your pantaloons as we gather some otherworldly materials, snipe giant floating fireball shooting Ghasts and outsmart blocks that haven’t updated yet.
New MCX360 Title Update!
The list of awesome changes:
- Added ‘The End’, with new layout, and new Enderdragon behaviour.
- Added Climbable Vines.
- Added Fire Charge, Wooden Button, Item Frames, Spawn Eggs, Sandstone Stairs, Spruce Stairs, Birch Stairs, Nether Bricks, Spruce Planks, Birch Planks, Nether Brick Slab, Spruce Slab and Birch Slab.
- Added new music for The End and The Nether from C418
- Made empty buckets and signs stackable.
- Sheep now re-grow their wool after shearing by eating grass.
- New gravel texture.
- Can now smelt Netherrack into a Nether Brick in a Furnace.
- Blacksmith buildings in Villages now hold chests with loot of the same type as found in Strongholds.
- Crafting recipe change; Sign recipe gives three Signs.
- Crafting recipe change; Half Slab recipes give six Half Slabs.
- Crafting recipe change; Stone Button now requires one block of stone instead of two.
- Added smoother color transitions between biomes.
See the full list of changes here.
Stuff to look forward to in the next generation!
- Added new Super Hostile game mode, for a much more challenging Survival experience.
- Difficulty setting is now per-world and may never be changed once set.
- Added new graphics setting “Ultra Realistic” with new patent-pending experimental 4D-rendering.
- Added new chase-style 3D camera perspective.
- Added new realistic food/hunger system to animals.
- Overfeeding animals may have a negative effect on gameplay.
- Added a new “Horse” animal, with two different breeds to choose from.
- Each animal now has a gender and personality, introducing new farming mechanics.
- Added a new rare breed of chicken known as a “Diamond Chicken”.
- May lay diamonds or lapis instead of laying eggs.
- May also blow up from too much pressure. Handle with care.
- Added new friendly Pink Wither, which is the complete opposite of a wither.
- Shoots out Love, which heals the nearby land and causes things to grow faster.
- Known bug: Having both a Pink Wither and a Wither in your world at the same time may
- cause up to a 200% increase in framerate. Will be fixed for launch.
- All animals may be fed Golden Apples to unleash their hidden magical properties (see new Magic section).
- Chickens are now classified as a Monster and are no longer a friendly Animal.
- Chickens do not appreciate being looked at and may get upset.
- Attacking a lone chicken may summon additional chickens to its defense.
- Zombie Pigmen now spawn with battlesigns and no longer use swords.
- Fixed a bug causing Skeletons to miss their targets on occasion.
- Added new Redstone Bug monster (see Redstone section).
Another fix coming at yeh!